2.01.2011

Snips

Todays lecture on Community Art/ Art Education/ Art History was definitely beneficial. The community art department sounded really interesting, I think if there's room for it in my schedule I'd like to tamper in there- maybe not for use as my major but to gain a better understanding of the community we're thrown into here. Art Education was neat because I'm thinking about getting my teachers certificate. Art History was good to hear from too because I've been thinking about minoring (seriously, 2 more classes is totally worth it)





These are some photos from todays drawing class. We started with the charcoal drawing and then worked into several pastel drawings. I have to say I was nervous about using color again but this proved me way wrong and I had a lot of fun with it. The Beach Boys, Woody Guthrie, and the Flaming Lips added to the vibes. Sometimes I can't believe how insanely lucky it is that I get to go to school for art. My sister is an accountant and my brother is an actuary and I just can't even begin to imagine the lifestyle they lived as it compares to mine.
After drawing I went to a lecture having to do with photography and its use in painting and I really got a lot out of it. It was definitely worth the 2 hours, the basic topics that were addressed had to do with the use of a photograph as an object, the message a photograph sends vs. a painting, journalism vs. painting and along with that there were a great deal of images having to do with war and comparatively advertisement. It's amazing to think how our brains process images and our ability to regurgitate without comprehension the sights we see. Thomas Eakins and Vincent Desiderio were among my favorite of the artists discussed that used photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment