2.01.2011

Week-end



This weekend was indescribable, seriously, honestly, I'm telling the truth, I hardly believe it was real. The opening for FOUND was such a success, and not in a sense that I sold sold sold all of these works of art that I was showing, but in a sense that all the people that I loved and cared about and was friends with and maybe even not really close friends with came out to see the show and talk and enjoy the surroundings. I wanted to cry on several occasions just because it was such a beautiful sight and feeling. There's a great photo there taken by Mike C. from the show and I think it captures the energy to a tee.  My cheeks were stiff from smiling- it was only four hours but by the end I was exhausted. If this description interests you- come to 2020 south street on feb 18th 6-10 and see the shows closing. Works by Lauren Rinaldi, a Tyler painting alum, were also incredibly well received and supported. It was such a beautiful weekend.
The rest of the photos are just snippets from my sketch book, my drawing homework from the week/throughout the weekend (ink and charcoal), and a spread from the RED themed folio for my 2D class (acrylic/watercolor/pen&ink). I also included a photo of some copper bolts I found at an abandoned train track in the city, I love their color and texture and hope to work from them this semester.
FINALLY- our friend Chris P. baked my roommate Loo and I some cookies and this was the package we received.

No comments:

Post a Comment